We offer our Direct Cremation Package for those who want a simple, yet dignified final disposition; for those who need or want to keep expenses to a minimum; and for those families who choose to arrange a memorial service on their own.
Any and all cremations arranged by Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home are conducted with the utmost dignity for the deceased; the utmost compassion for survivors; and with careful attention to every detail.
With that commitment as our only method of operation, we list here what is included in our Direct Cremation Package:
1. Basic services of funeral director, staff, and overhead.
2. Local transfer from place of death...24 / 7 availability
3. Attendance of licensed personnel to arrange all aspects of the process
from place of death to the crematory.
4. Sanitary care and shelter of remains (minimum 2 days waiting period).
5. Positive identification of deceased prior to cremation.
6. If it is necessary for someone to view the deceased for identification purposes you may do it here in the privacy of Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home.
7. 100% assurance of the correct cremated remains being returned.
8. Cremated remains are personally carried by a Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home representative back from the crematory. No cremated remains are returned by mail.
9. We arrange for and disburse the certification fee for the Medical Examiner to conduct the inquiry of death and examination of the body.
10. Completing death certificate and securing necessary permits.
11. Placing obituary notices in local newspapers of your choice. Newspapers will charge you according to the length of the obituary.
12. Filing notice of death to Social Security Office.
13. Filing Veteran's benefit application if applicable.
14. Alternative container (casket) to meet crematory requirements.
15. Transportation to crematory and safe return back here.
16. Payment of crematory fees.
To take advantage of this cremation package the following conditions must be accepted:
1. Full payment must be made prior to cremation.
2. This package does not include any rites, ceremonies, or wake.
3. Responsible next of kin must come to Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home during normal business hours to sign the crematory authorization forms.
4. This package may not be altered without additional expense.
If you want to arrange a Direct Cremation, you can use an alternative container. Alternative containers encase the body and can be made of materials like fiberboard or composition materials (with our without an outside covering).
The basic container included here is made of heavy cardboard.
NOTE: Unclaimed cremated remains are to be scattered by Gleeson-Ryan Funeral Home in accordance with CT General Statutes.